About the artist Susan Bayard Whiting
What moves me to paint a subject? The way light plays with color and the reflective properties of a subject, whether still life or landscape. If the light isn’t casting a hard enough shadow, or I’m not seeing surrounding color bouncing off elements in a still life setup, then I’m not motivated to put paint to canvas. I want to show the richness in the simplest setting with the textures and temperature of the colors help to convey that.
Susan is a member of the following art based organizations;
- *American Artists Professional League *Guild of Adirondack Artists
- *Oil Painters of America *Plein Air Adirondacks
- *American Women Artists *North Country Arts Center
- *American Impressionist Society *Southern Vermont Art Center
- *Lower Adirondack Regional Arts Council *Vero Beach Art Club *The Clark Museum